Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Deed is Done.

I did it.  Finally.  I sent my payment to the community garden, and because I'm a new-comer, I'm likely to get one of the spots in the back (the primo spots are near the road, so you don't have to lug all your equipment a long way).  I'm still feeling really good about it because now I finally having a solid, confirmed garden space for this year.  

I tried to find some herb seeds, plenty of flower seeds around now but no good herb seeds yet.  I did find some Foxglove seeds, said to flower in one season, so we will see about that.  I will be starting a few of those by the end of this month, unless I find something nice at the Philadelphia Flower show the week after next.   I also picked up a few vegetable seeds and will be starting some vegetables this weekend. Probably the ones that take the longest to come to fruit.
 
And I found a nice 6'x6' folding canopy for $50 bucks.  Because I know it will be extremely sunny out there in the field, and it's nice to set aside a space for some folding chairs, shade and cool drinks.  If you've never had one of these, I highly recommend them. I bought a 10'x10' last year to use for camping, and it has paid for itself.  I no longer dread rainy weekends in the woods.  This new smaller canopy will be perfect for sitting under in the middle of that hot sweaty field. It's easy to carry, easy to set-up and take down, something like this is an investment in your well-being. 






No comments: