Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The garden is growing....


(I really hate how this blog adjusts photos, its not very helpful.)


What the garden looks like today....


The right corner contains about 10-12 different herbs. Other herbs are spread along the fence line.
 Everything is growing nicely.


This is one of the Monkshood plants
I purchased from a local nursery.


Monkshood in my garden
 
White Monkshood in my garden. No flowers on this one yet.

The Monkshood have all flowered and died back, not sure if I'll be getting any seeds, I'm keeping an eye on the dried flower heads.  The White Monkshood had not grown much since I purchased it over two months ago, I doubt it will do anything for me this year.

All the other herbs seem to be doing fine, and at long last I am showing off some photos of just what's growing in my garden.  I was never able to order more fun stuff, like the sweet grass, as my money situation has been dire lately, but I still have plenty to work with. Pictured here today are just some of the plants in my garden. 


The corner herb bed.

Stevia - Stevia rebaudiana

Patchouli -Pogostemon cablin

Lamb's Ear - Stachys byzantina
 
St. John's Wort - Hypericum perforatum


Black Cohosh - Actaea racemosa

Spiderwort - Tradescantia


Rue - Ruta graveolens


Fennel - Foeniculum vulgare


German Chamomile - Matricaria chamomilla


No comments: